Description & Responsibilities
Epicosity is looking for an experienced developer to work on new and ongoing web projects built within the HubSpot platform.
This remote or hybrid-remote position offers you the opportunity to innovate in categories that are often slow on the adoption curve when utilizing the power of HubSpot.
Specifically, you’ll work with a talented team of creatives, designers, digital strategists, and content creators to craft modern and impactful website experiences for clients across Finance, PSA, and Higher Education categories.
Primary Functions of a HubSpot Developer at Epicosity
- Implementation of technical work that includes development needs based on recommendations for SEO, 508 compliance, content optimizations, modules, chatbots, integrations, website maintenance, plugin updating, code cleanup and other technical projects as assigned
- Participate in technology/solution decisions for projects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are met.
- Joining calls as a development expert to assist in closing and troubleshooting client requests.
- Collaborating on website audits to strategically map requirements and recommendations
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery according to customer needs and objectives, including giving realistic estimates of work
- Coordinating with Client Success Managers to provide client facing weekly status updates and agendas
- Working to resolve challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Educating the client on process, execution best practices, or technology
- Staying up-to-date with trends to help identify opportunities for the client
- Utilize strong attention-to-detail to create quality code
Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, and applications, you will create well-performing websites.
With a grasp on web applications and programming practices, you will continually grow your skills through education and participation in learning opportunities. You will also evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards.
You will be responsible for testing all sites to ensure compatibility with browsers, devices and operating systems.
You must communicate with teams to resolve conflicts as well as prioritize needs and keep others informed of progress on projects and any deadline ramifications.
Other Stuff You'll Do
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Handle day-to-day responsibilities required on the accounts to which you are assigned.
- Be solution driven. Find a way to do something instead of reciting reasons it cannot be done.
- Communicate technical information in a user-friendly way so it is understood by non-technical audiences.
- Set up and maintain basic hosting and email environments.
- Adhere to budgets and timelines.
- Purchase domains and launch sites from a software and hardware standpoint.
- Complete timesheets and other required administrative tasks.
- Always ensure brand standards are being met.
- Keep up on the latest trends and be aware of new products, software and tools to keep us on the leading edge of web development.
Software and Process Knowledge
- 3 years + of HubSpot Experience
- At least 5 years of web development experience
- Numerous HubSpot Academy Courses Certifications
- HTML / HTML5 / CSS
- HubSpot Platform Stack
- PHP Programming
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Adobe XD knowledge is a plus
- WordPress, Craft, ExpressionEngine experience is a plus
- Technical Ability – Web is technical with no real standardization due to multiple programming languages and methodologies, different systems and program options. That said, you’ll be evaluated on your ability to execute projects to create functional, compliant, and engaging websites that meet the client’s business goals.
- Interpretation/Vision – You should have the ability to identify and interpret problems and issues and bring solutions to the table while protecting the overall vision for the project.
- Curiosity – Web is a changing and growing field, so you should have a hunger and drive to improve skills through a deep-driven curiosity about how things are done. Also have the desire to learn new things to help the web team stay on top of trends and new product offerings, as well as being experts in UX.
- Execution & Compliance – Have the ability to turn ideas into action plans and executable products. This includes attention to detail to turn complexity into simple, functional and strategic online assets.
• 401(k) Matching
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health Savings Account
• Paid Time Off
• Professional development assistance