Description & Responsibilities
Through fresh and impactful storytelling, you will take a role in the visual development of our clients’ brands as they translate to video or photography. You’ll have skills in the technical aspects of making videos. As video editor you must create polished videos by editing raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics, and special effects.
Working within the brand and creative parameters set by the Creative Director and the scope and budget as defined in conjunction with the Account Executive, you will follow the decisions on conceptual visual treatment, shooting, and lighting, and complete the editing. Along the way, you are responsible for openly communicating issues and roadblocks that stand in the way of producing great work.
You will stay current on trends in video editing and collaborate with the team on visualizing scripts in a way that will stand out and elevate our creative reputation.
You’re responsible for editing quality video for broadcast and web. By keeping current on trends and production techniques, you will help raise the bar on our video product. You’re responsible to continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency. Collaborate with production team to ensure cohesion between script and visual plan, and work with team to concept and develop visual language, plus editing and working with graphic designers. Communicate needs and work with illustrators and animators to animate effective and clear motion graphics. Provide finish polish of video color/sound and delivery in timely fashion, and manage storage of video files and storage space.
As our industry evolves, so does the role of video. You will strive to stay ahead of trends and to have your finger on the pulse of what the market is demanding in terms of video to best position the agency (and the department) for ongoing success.
Other Stuff You'll Do
- Always look for opportunities to elevate our video work while challenging the status quo.
- Keep timelines, budgets, social sensitivities, team capabilities, and client expectations in mind in all that you do.
- Contribute to collaborative brainstorming sessions with creative teams to create solutions that stand out in the marketplace.
- Always ensure brand standards are being met through audio and video.
- Attention to detail
- Understands the importance of deadlines and is willing to communicate foreseen issues or roadblocks
- 3 years of proven experience as a video editor
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Able to comprehend a creative brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Solid experience and knowledge with digital technology as it pertains to video editing
- Proficient in Premiere
- Proficient in After Effects
- Photoshop Proficient and Illustrator a plus
- Premiere -> After Effects roundtrip workflow skills
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing is a plus
- Market Relevance
Produce content that is relevant and modern in the current environment. Shift with changing tides and user behaviors within the channels used to deliver.
Strive to be easy to work with. Balance the needs for quick turn-around with needs for higher production values in a productive manner.
- Production Quality
Strive to produce quality work through creatively using resources available for each project.
- Service Mix
Ability to build the right mix of services, talent and equipment to accomplish the creative objectives that the organization wants to accomplish.
Software and Process Knowledge
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
• 401(k) Matching
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health Savings Account
• Paid Time Off
• Professional development assistance